It’s officially raining everyday and I can never feel cozier in my home. After my husband left the door for office, I turned on the stove and spread the magic potion ingredients over the kitchen counter. The bubbling pot evaporates delicious spells spreading throughout the house. The warm aromas of garlic and coriander root in the simmering broth saturate the intruded cold winds casting every room in a mystical charm.
Winter melon melts into the chicken broth alludes the sweetness into the murky, savoury stock. We are frozen in time blanketed in the illusion of flavours. While my magical winter melon soup is purling, the divine sensation of tastes unfolds. The chicken falls off the bones freeing the sense and sound into the whirlpool of pleasure. The moony chunks of winter melon turns transparent disguising in the clear stew.
The warmness of the soup lingers in the air and every stir bewitches my delicious ritual. The settle and balance tastes evidence the perfect formula of flavours. A gentle slice of winter melon in the hot broth feels very natural, light and comforting. It is torture not to taste and feel the savouring halo of boiling soup.
Winter Melon Soup
Ingredient (4 servings)
250 gm medium chicken pieces with bones
500 gm winter melon (Ash gourd) – peeled and sliced into medium chunks
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt or to taste
5 cloves garlic- roughly bruised
5 coriander roots- roughly bruised
6 cup water
Few spring onion- chopped
- Marinate chicken pieces with soy sauce for few minutes.
- Bring 6 cup of water to boil.
- When the water is furiously boiling, add garlic, coriander roots, salt and chicken. Let it boil for 5 minutes and skim off the foam if any.
- Add winter melon boil further for few minutes. Cover and simmer further for 7-10 minutes or until the winter melon is tender and cooked thoroughly.
- Check the seasoning and sprinkle over with some chopped spring onion before serve.
The victim of satisfaction arrived, seduced by the enchanted fragrance that captured him from the hall way. As I ladled the soup in the bowl, he leaned over the pot and smelled the warm fume. The soup was cordially soothing. Though it was also raining at lunch, we felt very luxuriate and indulging to be cuddled by hot steams when it was mercilessly showering with cold outside.