The first day of the week, my family wanted a fresh recipe for a fresh start. The idea of creamy vegetable stew with juicy pineapple chunks floating on top sounded perfect. As I prep the veggies for the luscious recipe, my kitchen succumbed in the scrumptious fantasy.
Every slice and dice, the fine mist of brisk juice sprayed up the air. The smell of farm fresh greens swayed here and there, everywhere. I grated coconut by hands and then squeezed that white cream out of it. Coconut cream knew its way around a pot of curry, turning the humble vegetable stew into the golden lava of joy.
Pineapple, an advanced dessert, gave a sweet surprise to the dish. The contrast that the mellowly honey juice flushed into the sauce was such an overwhelmed pleasure.
Vegetable Hawaiian Curry
Ingredients (6 servings)
1 cup medium cube pineapple
1 cup cauliflower- cut into small flowerets
1/2 cup snow pea- sliced
1 green bell pepper- sliced
1 large tomato sliced
1 cup mushroom- sliced
1/2 cup baby corn- sliced
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 onion- sliced
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup coconut cream
1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in the medium pot over the medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and stir for a few second, then add vegetable stock.
- Add all salt and vegetable except tomato and pineapple. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and pineapple and cook further for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and stir well. Cook further for 30 second or until the curry is about to bubble. Check the seasoning and serve hot with some rice or pasta.
Curry powder gave a pale yellow to our mild curry. It was so soothing and aromatic. The curry was thick and rich, yet tasted so light and fresh. Pineapple exploded the sweet juice against the savory sauce. The sweetness just purled right into the aromatic, creamy, golden sauce where vegetables melted away. It was a great pour on hot rice, healthy and delicious.
Have a beautiful day,