We wake up really late lately and I blame it on winter. I couldn’t get pass the morning cold that make me wanna stay more in the blanket. Morning is extremely hectic for me, other than cooking and household works, I need to drop off and pick up Yaseen from his school van. As I am running behind schedule, sometimes our lunch needs to be super quick and simple.
When I need a quick dish that not only kid friendly but also good enough to make my husband smile, I usually think of pasta. When the pasta is cooking, it gives me a lot of time to chop up things, cooking the sauce and even small clean up.
Super Quick Pasta and Shrimp
Ingredients: (4 servings)
150 gm pasta of your choice
200 gm shrimp- peeled and deveined
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 fresh tomatos- diced
1 onion- diced
4 cloves garlic- minced
A handful celery leaves- sliced
1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over the medium heat until the onion become soft and translucent.
- Add tomato, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Stir for a few second.
- Add vegetable stock and increase the heat to high. When the sauce is bubbling, add shrimp and cook further until they turn pink and curl up.
- Add pasta and mix well. Add celery leaves and give it a quick stir. Serve hot and enjoy.
Our pasta and shrimp came out from the stove in 15 minutes. The hot smoke still steamed up while it delivered in the plates. I’ve just realized that I usually waited in the restaurant for at lease 30 minutes for a plate of decent pasta. But here, we barely have to wait. By the time my husband and son mixed up their drinks, the smell of home-cooked pasta and shrimp already spread everywhere. It was so simple, fresh and comforting.