Do you like cashew nut? We love it. It’s a favourite ingredient for every single one of us in the family. Cashew nut can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes. I love the crunchy texture and nutty flavour cashew nut bring into the dish.
And so, this is another one of our favourite rice dishes. It’s not that I am so lazy that I need to come up with 15 minutes recipes all the time. But these recipes are actually super simple and lightening fast. They maybe quick, but the results are never disappointed.
Mushroom and Cashew nut rice are one of those 15 minutes recipes. It is so simple and easy. Cashew nut gives a wonderful crunch into the soft, savoury rice that has been cooked in vegetable broth. I couldn’t think of anything more comforting than an oozing mushroom juice from those tender sliced. The mushroom infused that homey, earthy scented into every bite.
Mushroom and Cashew Nut Rice in 15 minutes
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
2 cup rice
3 1/4 cup vegetable stock
200 gm white button mushroom- sliced
75 gm raw cashew nut
3-4 cloves garlic- minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
- Cooked rice in vegetable stock with some butter. Cover and let it cook in medium heat.
- In another stove, heat oil in the pan over the medium heat and fry cashew nut until golden brown. Remove cashew nuts form the oil and keep aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic until aromatic, then add mushroom and soy sauce. Stir fry for a few minutes or until the mushroom become soft.
- Add the cooked mushroom into the rice that is still cooking, stir well and cook further until the rice is cooked. Turn off the heat.
- Add cashew nut and gently stir to mix well. Cover the rice further for 3-5 minutes to get the wonderful nutty aroma infused into the rice. Serve hot with some chili sauce or more soy sauce.
This is how our lunch looks like, simple and warm. The mushroom was super tender yet juicy. The rice was so hot, soft and flavorful. It gave a wonderful surprise whenever we got some crunchy cashew nut in our mouths.
Have a beautiful day,