I don’t like eating alone. Food is something meant for sharing. I love weekend brunch where whole family can sit together, enjoying the warm sun kisses and aroma of hot breakfast. My husband has been away on business trip for almost two weeks now and I started to miss the time all of us were together at breakfast table.
After Yaseen headed off to school, I didn’t even feel like cooking. I was about to go for a bag of potato chip and yogurt for brunch when something shiny red caught my eyes. Red chili, hot and vibrant. I know immediately these little red things will definitely cheer me up.
I made something unusual, but it wasn’t really strange for my family. Foods find their ways to mingle. Pasta and Thai egg salad are best friend in our household. I love slightly overcooked spaghetti tossed in garlic oil. It’s the easiest form of comfort food. But when a generous spread of spicy Thai egg salad mixed into those hot strings, it was heaven.
Pasta with Thai Egg Salad
Ingredients: (2 servings)
50 gm spaghetti or any kind of pasta
2 red chilies- diced
2 shallots- sliced
1 lime- juiced
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce or to taste
1 tbsp oyster sauce
3 cloves garlic- minced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Few spring onion leaves- chopped
- Cooked pasta in salted water until al dente and keep aside.
- You may boil egg along with pasta or hard-boil them. Peel, slice and keep aside.
- For the dressing, mix chili, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir until all sugar is dissolved and adjust the seasoning as per your likeness.
- In a large pan, sauté garlic in the oil until aromatic and add spaghetti. Add oyster sauce and toss well. Turn off the heat.
- Add eggs and the dressing. Gently toss together, throw in some spring onion and serve.
It was spicy and flavourful, so hot and fresh. Too bad I have to eat this alone 🙂
Have a nice day,