Sometimes it surprises me how Yaseen loves Thai food even though we live so far away. I try to balance between Thai and Indian cooking in my household while exposing my family with different cuisines we find interesting. There is very few things in the world Yaseen doesn’t like.
I remembered the first time I took him back to my hometown. He sat down with my family and ate everything so nicely. He looked so belong and was able to eat anything, even the one that I had never introduced to him. Everybody was surprise.
One of the dishes that I didn’t teach him is noodle and curry. He loves them naturally. Noodle and curry is an ultimate comfort food in Thailand. It can be found anywhere from local street to five star restaurant. Though making curry sauce for Thai noodle is not at all difficult but I have even quicker recipe for it. This Thai tuna curry sauce is super easy, light and fresh. It goes so well with noodle or even hot rice.
Thai Noodle with Quick and Easy Tuna Curry sauce
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
4 Serving of Thai somen noodle or Khanom Jeen (See here)
2 cup canned tuna
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cup coconut cream
1 tbsp fish sauce or to taste
Few spring onion- sliced
1 tbsp oil
For garnished- hard boiled egg, fresh mint, sliced cabbage
- Heat oil in the medium sauce pan over medium heat and sauté Thai green curry paste until aromatic.
- Add tuna and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, season with fish sauce to taste. Cook further for a few minutes but do not let the curry sauce comes to full boiling.
- Add spring onion and turn off the heat.
- Serve tuna curry sauce over Thai noodle and garnish with hard-boiled eggs, cabbage and mint.
Our tuna curry sauce was very mild and creamy. Not at all spicy but so full of flavour. Yaseen didn’t have problem handling the sipping hot curry sauce. He slurped the whole bowl of noodle at once and asked for another one.
Do your kids eat a lot like you? Or they have more different preferences?