I love when soft boiled potato and cooked pasta come together in the dish. The contrast between the textures of these two is amazing. So whenever I make a quick stir fried pasta for Yaseen at lunch, I add a little potato cubes in it.
Stir Fried Penne with Potato, Chicken and Capsicum
Ingredients: (2 serving)
100 gm dried penne
100 gm chicken- sliced
1 cup potato- cut into small cubes
1 capsicum- diced
1/2 onion- diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tbsp chicken stock
1 tbsp oil
- Cook pasta until al dente. Cook potato cubes along with pasta. You want to make sure that you cut potato into small cubes so it cooked perfectly by the time the pasta is done.
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté garlic until aromatic.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, capsicum, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and stir fry further for a few minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add pasta, potato, chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and check the seasoning. Serve hot.
We love stir fried pasta. It’s not only quick and easy but very hearty and delicious as well. The soft texture of potato compliments the tenderness of pasta. The flavor is subtle and easy to please anyone.