I love the sound of curry paste sizzling in hot oil. The aroma developed from the pan made my mouth watering. Thai curry paste is one of my favorite ingredients. It’s not only good for curry, but it adds the beautiful color and flavor to a quick stir fry dish as well.
In my opinion, eggplant is the best vegetable to go with Thai curry paste. Just a quick whip in hot pan, the eggplant will be just soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. Seafood like fish, shrimp, or crab are wonderful addition to this great combination. This one I used shrimp. And dill gives the pungent garden fragrance at the final touch.
Stir Fried Shrimp with Eggplant and Dill
300 gm shrimp- peeled, deveined and butterflied them
200 gm eggplant- sliced thinly
2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
A handful of fresh dill- sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
A pinch of sugar to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup fish stock
1. Heat oil in the pan and sauté the curry paste until aromatic.
2. Add shrimp and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add sliced eggplant and stir further for a few minutes.
4. Add fish stock and let it come to boil.
5. Season with fish sauce and sugar.
6. Add dill and give it a quick stir or until the dill is wilted.
7. Serve hot with some rice.
Well, you know the scent of fresh dill. It’s like a whole garden in your hand. It just helps lifting up the flavor of the whole dish. The shrimp is so succulent and sweet. This pungent stir fry is so good with some fluffy hot rice.