I usually get lazy when I am asked to make a dessert. To me, cooking dessert is an elaborate process, and I don’t usually success in making them most of the times. But when I really have to make one, I usually go for something easy…like this grilled plantain with coconut cream caramel. It’s fuss free, healthy, very delicious and most importantly, it can be done under 15 minutes.
That’s right, 15 minutes or even less than that. The big secret is lying in sandwich grilling machine. You can leave the plantains in there, and they will be cooked perfectly while you just have to make some caramel sauce. There are only a few ingredients involved in this.
Plantain is some kind of banana with denser texture. I have never had one before I came to India. The firmer texture of plantain makes it perfect for baking, grilling and even…mmmmmm deep frying. Yes, you only need a few plantains, a cup of coconut cream, and balm sugar. That’s it! Now let’s cook!
Grilled Plantain with Coconut Cream Caramel
Ingredients: (2 servings)
1 cup coconut cream
2 tbsp palm sugar
A little oil to grease the grilling machine
1. Peel and slice the plantains in half, lengthwise.
2. Preheat the sandwich grilling machine and grease with a little oil.
3. Place the sliced plantain in the grilling machine, and let it grill until slightly golden brown on the outside. This should talk about 7-10 minutes.
4. While the plantain is in the grilling machine, make some coconut cream caramel sauce. Simply stir palm sugar and coconut cream together in the saucepan over the medium heat. Thicken the sauce until it reaches the desirable texture.
5. Once the plantains are cooked. Serve them hot with warm coconut cream caramel on top.
Mmmmm look at how the plantain melt and mix with coconut cream caramel sauce. I also serve warm coconut cream on the side. Poor a little of it over and enjoy.