A few days ago, I had a wonderful conversation with chef Saransh Goila, the youngest celebrity chef in India who is also a host of a famous food show, ‘Roti, Rasta aur India’. He is currently participating in the culinary battle on Sony Television called ‘Sanjeev Kapoor ke Kitchen Khiladi’.
Chef Saransh is coming to the O Hotel for a charity cookout on January 18th 5pm. He is going to demonstrate his expertise in Contemporary Indian Food. And all the benefits from the event will go to Prashanti Cancer Care Mission.
It was such a pleasure talking to this talented young chef. He is very passionate about food. And oh yes, he is also a hardcore street food lover. Chef Saransh told me he had always wanted to become a cooking show host, and he worked toward it. After Graduating from Institute of Hotel Management- Aurangabad (Taj Group Hotels), Saransh worked in the highly professional Taj kitchens and the Leela Kempinski, Bangalore. In 2010, he joined Barry John Acting Studio and learned the real art of Theatre and Camera in pursuing his dream of becoming a TV chef.
Chef Saransh is on the mission to gives Indian food modern look and character so it is easily appealed and approachable by the youth. His specialty in contemporary Indian food shows how you can cook Indian food the easy way and give a nice twist to it.
Here is a little recipe from Chef Saransh I would love you to try…
Chocolate & Cashew Laddoo
• 1 cup Cashew Nuts
• 1 cup Dark Chocolate nibs/Grated Chcocolate
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 tbsp rose water
• 3 tbsp water
• 1/4 tsp elaichi powder
• 8 – 10 Saffron strands
• 1/4 cup melted ghee
Method of Preparation –
• Dry roast the Cashew nuts for 2 minutes and allow them to cool for some time.
• In the mixer, put it in a semi fine mode and make a coarse powder.
• Heat the pan; add rose water, water and then sugar.
• When it reaches 1 string consistency and bubbles rise up, it’s ready.
• Then add Cardamom powder, Saffron, cashew nut powder and ghee. Mix
thoroughly in the sugar syrup.
• Switch off the gas.
• Apply ghee on your palm and while the mixture is still warm, make small balls. Put in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool.
• Now coat it with chocolate nibs.
• Chocolate & Cashew laddoo is ready to be binged upon..! 😛
Lovely Pune people, come to the O hotel on January 18th 5 pm to check out Chef Saransh cooking a few of his delicious signature contemporary Indian dishes. It’s all for a good cause. Call the O Hotel for more information. I will definitely be there, to meet the chef and help out this wonderful event. See you guys there…
Call 9890800098 to register