My affair with hot chocolate is no secret. I indulge. I love the silken dark lava on my lips when I sip my hot chocolate. To me, having something comforting is a perfect way to start the day. It made me feel pampered and loved, and that’s what a good food can do to you.
I have many requests for hot chocolate recipe from twitter (@testerfly) and instagram (@tesathome) because these folks who are in touch with me daily know my love for hot chocolate. I prefer it to coffee or tea. I often tell people how I crave hot chocolate in the middle of the day, and how the cup of hot chocolate sedate me into happiness.
And to make hot chocolate even more seductive, the process of making one itself is pleasurable— therapeutic and relaxing. The whole process involves turning dark cocoa powder and a few ingredients into delightful thickness. Now let me show you how easy it is to make one…
Ingredients (For 2 servings)
2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup chopped milk chocolate compound-optional
2 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup hot water
2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine unsweetened cocoa powder, milk chocolate, sugar and hot water in the pan.
2. Stir over medium heat for one minutes until the ingredients boil and turn into glossy thickness.
3. Gradually add milk, stir continuously doing so.
4. Let the hot chocolate simmer for a while but do not boil.
5. Add vanilla essence and serve hot.
Are you a fan of hot chocolate? What’s your favorite comfort drink recipe?