I love serving Thai curries with cooked pasta when I run out of rice or when I want to have something different. Do you know that many Thai curries are great with pasta? Thai Green Curry with Spaghetti, Thai Red Curry with angel hair pasta, and comforting Lamb Massaman Curry between layers of melting lasagna— anyway works really, you can pair them differently. It’s the fun part of fusion food. You can play with your imagination and creativity, and let it surprise you with something different.
Here is another fusion dish I made recently. I made Chicken Thai Green Curry. Make it extra creamy. I used rich and fresh coconut cream. The sauce was silken and smooth. And to make it even thicker, I added peanut butter in it.
Was it work? Oh yeah! Season it slightly sweet. The nutty flavor of peanut butter really worked well in the recipe.
Spaghetti with Creamy Chicken Curry Sauce
Ingredients: (2 serving)
150 gm spaghetti
150 gm chicken-sliced
2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
1 cup coconut cream
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp oil
2 kaffir lime leaves
1. Cook spaghetti until al dente. Rinse in cold water and toss in a little garlic oil or butter and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan and sauté Thai Green Curry Paste on a medium heat until aromatic.
3. Add chicken and stir for 1 minutes. Then add water and bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Season with fish sauce and sugar.
5. Add peanut butter and stir until it is mixed into the curry sauce.
6. Add kaffir lime leaves and coconut cream. Cook further a little until the curry sauce is about to boil and turn off the heat.
7. Serve the curry sauce over spaghetti.