I always have sausages in my freezer. They always come in handy when I have to whip out something quick. Often, I cut them up and add the chunky pieces into instant noodle. Sometimes, I slice them thinly and stir fry them with some veggies. You can just cook them and had them with ketchup and mustard, put them in salad, etc.
Here is one of many ways I often cook sausages. I pan fry them and season them with BBQ glaze. You can serve this on pasta, rice or salad. But you should try this simple corn and pomegranate salad with them. It’s fresh, healthy and delicious.
Now let’s cook!
BBQ Glazed Sausage with Corn and Pomegranate Salad
Ingredients: (2 servings)
For Glazed Sausage
200 gm chicken sausages- cut into bite size
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp water
Herb mix of your choice (you can also use chopped fresh basil)
1 tsp oil
For Corn and Pomegranate Salad
1 cup fresh corn
1/2 cup fresh pomegranate
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
A pinch of salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped celery leaves
1/2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in the pan over medium heat and cook sausages until nicely done. You should continuously turn them so they are cooked evenly. When the sausages are cooked, remove them from the pan and keep aside.
2. In the same pan, reduce the heat to low. Add BBQ sauce, honey, Worcestershire Sauce and water. Stir until mixed well and glossy.
3. Add sausages back in and toss them in BBQ glaze. Turn off the heat, add herb mix and kept aside.
4. To make salad, in another pan, heat olive oil and sauté fresh sweet corn for 2 minutes. It doesn’t have to be cooked too much. You want it to be slightly raw and juicy. Turn off the heat and transfer cooked corn into the medium size bowl.
5. Add all salad ingredients into the bowl, mix well and check the seasoning.
6. Serve BBQ Glazed Sausage with Corn and Pomegranate Salad on the side. Want some carb, grill flatbread to go along the dish as well.