When I cooked this dish a few weeks ago, I literally had no time. I meant it when I said I had no time. Yaseen was home early, and I had to finish a lot of writings. He was hungry so I decided to whip something up easy in one pot. No mess, no fuss, fast and delicious. I knew exactly what to do!
Chicken and Macaroni Soup can be made in 15 minutes. Yes, it’s that quick and fabulous. Turn on the stove, place the pan over it, drizzle some olive oil, saute garlic and add chicken, veggies, stock and macaroni. That’s it! Keep the lid on and walk away. Come back in 15 minutes and ladle this comforting soup in the bowl and devour. Sounds good isn’t it?
15 Minutes Chicken and Macaroni Soup
Ingredients: (2 servings)
1 cup macaroni
200 gm chicken- cut into bite size
1 onion- chopped
2 tomato- chopped
1 stalk celery- chopped
3 cloves garlic- minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
½ cup tomato pureed
2 sprigs thyme
Ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onion until soft.
2. Add garlic and stir until aromatic.
3. Add chicken and stir for one minute.
4. Add tomato, celery and thyme. Cook further until tomato become soft.
5. Add chicken stock and increase the heat. Once the stock is boiling, add macaroni, worcestershire sauce, pepper and pureed tomato. Stir well, then cover and let it cook for 8- 10 minutes or until the macaroni is perfectly cooked.
6. Check the seasoning and serve hot.
Tes (Tweet to me at @Testerfly)