I was on a secret diet. GM diet. I will tell you about that later, but first, let me share you one of the most satisfying recipe I have eaten when I was on that diet. After being stripped from the right of having any kind of meat for 4 days, on the 5th day of GM diet, you are allowed to eat 2 portions of 10 ounce beef. Whoa! And oh yes! I was super excited about it.
So, on the 5th day of GM diet, you are advised to eat a lot of beef and as much as 6 tomatoes, and the way to do it popped right into my mind, a warm melt off the bones kind of beef stew. And of course, it’s a healthy version. Low sodium. Less oil. Lovely fresh ingredients.
Easy Cajun Beef Stew
500 gm round steak- cut into medium-size cubes
4 cloves garlic- minced
3 large onion-diced
6 tomatoes- diced
2 stalks celery- chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp cajun spice mix
1 tsp olive oil
1. In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onion over medium heat until soft.
2. Add garlic and stir further until aromatic.
3. Add beef and cajun spice, and cook until slightly brown on the outside.
4. Add tomato, celery and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir further until the tomato becomes soft.
5. Add about 2 cups of water, cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until the meat is tender.
6. Check the seasoning and serve hot.
Tes (tweet to me at @Testerfly)