Recently my foodie group Pune Foodiez came up with a fun and interactive online event on twitter called #PuneLunch. Every Friday, we click the pictures of our lunch and share it over twitter. A lot of people who are living in Pune and even other parts of the India join our virtual potluck. It’s so much fun.
So here is my last Friday lunch, Pasta with Mince Lamb and Spicy Sausage. Old Bay Spice went well with lamb. It was tender, spicy and delicious. It was humble and comforting, yet it got that bold flavor that made you wanted to finish the whole pot right on the stove.
Pasta with Mince Lamb and Spicy Sausage
200 gm shell macaroni
6 spicy chicken sausages- sliced
500 gm minced lamb
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 large green bell pepper-chopped
2 large white onions- chopped
2 stalk celery- chopped
4 large tomatoes – skin and seed discarded and chopped
2 tsp Old Bay Spice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
Chives for garnish
1. Cook the shell pasta until al dente and keep aside.
2. In another pot, heat olive in the pan and sauté onion until translucent.
3. Add garlic and stir until aromatic.
4. Add bell pepper and celery and cook until the bell pepper is soft.
5. Add tomato and cook further until the tomato is soft and releases juice. Add mince lamb and stir for a few minutes.
6. Add Old Bay Spice, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. In another pan, fry spicy sausage in a little olive oil until smoky and cooked thoroughly.
8. Mix the cooked sausage and pasta into the sauce and mix well. Garnish with some chives and serve.
Be a part of our twitter potluck, #PuneLunch, follow me on twitter at @Testerfly and Pune Foodiez at @PuneFoodiez, click your Friday lunch pictures and share it on twitter. Don’t for get to hashtag #PuneLunch.