Lately, I’ve had so much on my plate I couldn’t have time for myself. My writing has slowed down, and I am busy with Yaseen all day. It’s tough sometimes trying to stay on track and keep up with blog posts and everything else that I want to do. Take out becomes a trend in my household, but when I cook, I make it quick. But you know me, simple meal doesn’t mean a plain dish. Humble and full of flavor is a way to go.
I love a big bowl of hot rice. I can survive on that with just omelet on top and a few drops of fish sauce. Anything on top of hot rice becomes so good… so heavenly. This stir fried chicken with basil is like that. It’s a simple stir fried dish that screams flavor. Hot, savory and aromatic. I topped it off with fried eggs… runny yoke of course. And oh, be generous with Sriracha sauce on the egg. You will love the kick.
Rice Bowl with Chicken and Basil Topped with Fried Egg
Ingredients: (2 servings)
200 gm chicken- sliced
1 green bell peppers- sliced
3 cloves garlic- minced
1 onion- sliced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fish sauce or to taste
A handful fresh basil
2 tbsp oil- divided
2 Serving cooked rice
- Heat oil in the pan over medium high heat and sauté garlic until aromatic.
- Add chicken and toss in the pan for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Season with oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir further until the chicken is cooked well. Add about 2 tbsp of water to give the dish a little gravy. Check the seasoning and throw in some basil.
- In another pan, fried the eggs sunny side up to get the yoke nice and runny.
5. Serve stir fried chicken with basil on top of hot rice and top with fried eggs and Sriracha sauce.