Baking in the morning is a form of self-pampering. I love how my kitchen suddenly becomes warm and cozy. And when I walk around the house, I feel like entering a bakery.
Banana & Chocolate Chips Muffin is my absolute breakfast bake. The sweet soft sponge is buttery and moist. The banana gives such an earthy fragrance to these little muffins. And oh I adore how chocolate chips melt. When I take one in my hands and break it in two with my fingers, the delightful scent fumed and the chocolate oozes everywhere. These banana and chocolate chips muffins are always a hit on breakfast table. Brew a couple cups of coffee or maybe warm some milk to go with them.
Banana and Chocolate Chips Muffin
1 ½ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana
2 tsp baking powder
100 gm butter- room temperature
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and line 12-cup muffin tins with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Add banana and mix thoroughly.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and stir until combined.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix evenly.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the muffin tins for 10 minutes and remove them to cool completely on the rack.
The truth is, in my house, the muffins never get a chance to get cooled completely. When I pull them out of the oven, my boys always eat them hot with a glass of cold milk or fresh juice.